Ronan currently holds the post of Technical Systems Engineer at Acorn Insurance. He graduated from National University Ireland Galway in 2013 with a Master of Science (MSc) in Information Systems Management. He has 9 years’ experience in IT, computer systems, digital media and the web. Previous positions include Support Team Lead for a large telematics company with customers in Europe, USA and Australia. Associate with a learning and development company providing training and mentoring for customers and students on all aspects of web development and online strategy. Owner of his own company where he worked with a wide range of customers mainly on web related and IT projects. He has extensive knowledge of customer support, business and information systems, Microsoft Windows platform and the web.
Technical Systems Engineer – Responsible for a wide range of technical and business tasks including:
- Business Systems Analysis: Involved in designing, developing, testing, configuring and supporting the company’s business systems. My role includes writing software requirements specifications, carrying out smoke testing and managing user acceptance testing.
- Data Analysis: Checking the integrity of data entering and leaving the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Database from multiple sources. Identifying trends in the data. Creating views and compiling reports.
- Call Centre Systems Administration: Administering Enghouse Interactive Desktop Call Centre Software and Quality Management Suite sitting on top of Microsoft Lync PBX. Enghouse is integrated with Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Maintaining and updating RELAY broker and administration software.
- Software License Management: Responsible for management and purchase of software licenses for multiple systems
- Purchasing: Purchasing of hardware and software components required for the business.
- Lead Management: Prioritise sales leads and ensure lead quality on a daily basis.
- Technical Procedures and Compliance: Working with multiple teams within the business to ensure IT procedures are compliant. Documenting these IT Procedures and producing user guides and technical Wiki articles.
- IT Infrastructure: Support the Windows based network infrastructure by maintaining PC, Thin Client, RDS Server systems, voice and data equipment.
- Help Desk: Support for all call center and administration staff. Provision of training for clients on use of software systems. Setting up new users in active directory, exchange / outlook and all relevant call centre systems.
Support Engineer Day Shift. (September 2014 to April 1015)
- Member of the day shift support team primarily supporting customers in Ireland, the UK and Europe.
- Technical fault analysis & troubleshooting of:
- PC networking hardware/software
- Wireless vehicle telematics products
- Wireless data systems
- GPRS/GPS products
- Installation of products, including commissioning, upgrading and training.
- Monitor performance of installed software and hardware products.
- Provide feedback from customers to product development team.
- Customer liaison via phone, email or remote control.
Support Engineer – Evening Shift Team Lead. (March 2014 to September 2014)
- To act as role model in the provision of technical support to customers in the US and Australia.
- Ensuring that customers experience/interaction with technical support is a positive one.
- Share knowledge with team of regular customer problems by writing and maintaining wiki documentation.
- Improve system performance by identifying problems and recommending changes.
- Ensuring that queue is managed and backlog is minimised.
Support Engineer – Evening Shift. (September 2012 to February 2014)
- Member of the evening shift support team primarily supporting customers in the US and Australia.
Responsible for all aspects of setting up and running my own business. I worked with a wide range of customers on projects involving responsive web design, online stores, online marketing, social marketing, social networking, training and mentoring.
I provided IT support for staff and students. Designed and delivered a number of training courses in pay per click advertising, HTML and setting up an online store. I also worked on web design projects for the company and was involved in the design and implementation of online strategy for In-Tuition clients.
2011 – 2013 National University of Ireland Galway, M.Sc. in Information Systems Management (2:1)
2010 – 2011 Galway Mayo Institute of Technology, B.Sc. Honours in IT for Business (1:1)
2007 – 2010 Galway Mayo Institute of Technology, B.Sc. In Computing & Digital Media (1:1)
1998 – 2001 Letterkenny Institute of Technology, Level 6 Electronic and Computer Engineering (Pass)
Communications Centre Administration (Enghouse Interactive)
Train The Trainer (FETAC Level 6)
Sales and Marketing Skills (FETAC)
Customer Service in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013
Sales Management in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013