I currently hold the post of Technical Specialist at St. Angela’s College, Sligo, a College of the National University of Ireland, Galway. I graduated from NUIG in 2013 with a Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Information Systems Management and have proven experience in IT, computer systems, customer support and the web.
IT Support including Help Desk, Moodle Administration, Telephone Management, PC and Printer Maintenance. Also provide support for University of Limerick evening courses.
Responsible for the provision of IT/BTS (Business Technology Solutions) support and development within AbbVie Ireland. Managing and implementing projects that affect the manufacturing infrastructure, plant systems, security, workstations, support and IT standards.
Responsible for a wide range of technical and business tasks including:
- Call Centre Systems Administration: Administering a Microsoft Dynamics CRM based Call Centre. CRM is integrated with Dynamics Telephony sitting on top of Microsoft Lync PBX. Management of Enghouse call routing / IVR software and Quality Management Suite. Maintaining and updating RELAY broker and administration software.
- Systems Implementation: Point of contact between business and development teams. Involved in system design, testing, implementation maintenance and change control.
- Vendor Management: Working with multiple vendors on new projects and product support.
- Data Analysis: Analysing business data, compiling reports and making decisions based on this data.
- Help Desk and Training: Support for all Call Centre and administration staff. Provision of training for clients on use of software systems. Setting up new users in active directory, exchange / outlook and all relevant Call Centre systems.
- IT Infrastructure: Support the Windows based network infrastructure by maintaining PC, Thin Client, RDS Server systems, voice and data equipment.
- Software License Management: Responsible for management and purchase of software licenses for multiple systems.
- Purchasing: Purchasing of hardware and software components required for the business.
- Technical Procedures and Compliance: Working with multiple teams within the business to ensure IT procedures are compliant. Documenting these IT Procedures and producing user guides and technical Wiki articles.
Support Engineer, Day Shift. (September 2014 to April 2015)
- Member of the day shift support team primarily supporting customers in Ireland, the UK and Europe.
- Technical fault analysis & troubleshooting of:
- PC networking hardware/software
- Wireless vehicle telematics products
- Wireless data systems
- GPRS/GPS products
- Installation of products, including commissioning, upgrading and training.
- Monitor performance of installed software and hardware products.
- Provide feedback from customers to product development team.
- Customer liaison via phone, email or remote control.
Support Engineer, Evening Shift Team Lead. (March 2014 to August 2014)
- To act as role model in the provision of technical support to customers in the US and Australia.
- Ensuring that customers experience/interaction with technical support is a positive one.
- Share knowledge with team of regular customer problems by writing and maintaining wiki documentation.
- Improve system performance by identifying problems and recommending changes.
- Ensuring that queue is managed and backlog is minimised.
Support Engineer, Evening Shift. (September 2012 to February 2014)
- Member of the evening shift support team primarily supporting customers in the US and Australia.
Responsible for all aspects of setting up and running my own business. I worked with a wide range of customers on projects involving responsive web design, online stores, online marketing, social marketing, social networking, training and mentoring.
I provided IT support for staff and students. Designed and delivered a number of training courses in pay per click advertising, HTML and setting up an online store. I also worked on web design projects for the company and was involved in the design and implementation of online strategy for In-Tuition clients.
2011 – 2013 National University of Ireland Galway, M.Sc. in Information Systems Management (2:1)
2010 – 2011 Galway Mayo Institute of Technology, B.Sc. Honours in IT for Business (1:1)
2007 – 2010 Galway Mayo Institute of Technology, B.Sc. In Computing & Digital Media (1:1)
1998 – 2001 Letterkenny Institute of Technology, Level 6 Electronic and Computer Engineering (Pass)
Communications Centre Administration (Enghouse Interactive)
Customer Service in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 (New Horizons Ireland)
Sales Management in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 (New Horizons Ireland)
Train The Trainer (FETAC Level 6)
Sales and Marketing Skills (FETAC)
Time Management (Western Management Centre)
Student of the year 2011 (GMIT B.Sc. Honours IT for Business)